Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Wednesday's Winners: Candice Chapman

This week our featured Wednesday's Winner is Hickam recruit Candice Chapman. Way to go, Candice! 

Candice Chapman joined the Hickam AFB Boot Camp in November. She says, "Honestly, prior to joining Boot Camp, I thought I was able to lose weight on my own. I now realize that it isn't just about a group of women coming together to exercise. It's so much more." 

When Candice didn't lose any weight after her first month of training, she approached trainer Alicia Palmer, who suggested she get in at least 20 extra minutes of cardio each day. "I made sure my feet hit the payment daily," says Candice. "In the process, I have improved my overall running ability and have even begun to enjoy it!" 

Hickam trainer Alicia Palmer says of Candice, "She's a quiet one, but she's always working her tail off. In her first month, she suffered from a fairly serious calf strain, so she had a lot to overcome. She didn't make excuses, she just fought through it. And now, she's the Biggest Loser!' 

"I know that if it wasn't for Alicia and the rest of the Hickam crew, I would not have the motivation to continue to push myself," raves Candice. "Alicia commented at my last weigh-in that she could see the skinny girl inside me. And to tell the truth, I can finally see that person again, too!" 


Candice and Alicia after class. Keep up the great work, Candice! 



No comments:

Post a Comment