Search This Blog

Saturday, March 10, 2012

DumBell Success Stories: Jayde Gaines

DumBell Fitness would like to showcase the inspirational transformation of Boot Camper Jayde Gaines! 


**Article by Janet Youtt 


Jayde Gaines started Boot Camp this past September, 2 weeks after her husband left for a 7-month deployment. It was their first lengthy separation and she is convinced had it not been for Boot Camp the time apart would have been more of a struggle. “I’ve learned through Boot Camp that I’m important and it’s o.k. to put myself first. The timing couldn’t have been better because that mind set help me get through the deployment and be a better mother to my children.”  

After her fourth child, born last January, she was having trouble losing weight. A friend told her about Boot Camp and convinced her to join. Having not exercised regularly since her high school days on the cross-country team, she never felt like she had to exercise. “I was the skinny-fat girl. I looked like I was in shape, but in reality I was far from it. Skinny doesn’t always mean healthy.”

That first month she only lost two pounds, but she stuck with it and soon found the weight falling off and her strength gaining. It wasn’t always easy to make the cardio work on off-Boot Camp days, but she was determined to find a way by buying a double stroller for her two younger children and investing in a treadmill. To date, she’s lost 32 pounds and 23 inches overall on her body. “My husband returns soon and he keeps saying that he can’t wait to meet the new me.”




She has already started sharing her experiences with other people interested in a healthier lifestyle. In October, she began a Facebook site called “This Strong Body” where she posts nutritional information, recipes and workout tips. Members share what works and what doesn’t and support each other through the journey. “I believe in so much of what Boot Camp has taught me that I want to share it with others.” She and her husband have future plans to become personal trainers and create a business based on “This Strong Body”.    


Lori Stoffers and Jayde Gaines, both DumBell success stories, with lead DumBell Fitness Trainer Christina Landry. 

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations to my daughter Jayde, she was raised to have strength, independence and adaptation to overcome many obstacles in our lives as well as survival during hard times. I am positive there will be more success stories in her future as well as others that she may train. Kudos to you Jayde! Love,Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am very impressed and inspired by your success, Jayde. Way to go! Definitely will check out your "Strong Body" FB page.

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete