Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Healthy Habits: Updated Chicken Salad

I've been experimenting with substituting Greek yogurt for mayonnaise lately. I have to admit that Greek yogurt is not my favorite thing to eat--I find it very sour. However, I have found that it can actually be quite yummy mixed into some of my favorite foods, such as chicken salad. I've found that the trick is to add lemon juice and dijon mustard to the yogurt. Tastes so much like mayo! Below is a recipe I through together last week that my family really enjoyed. Try it out this week! 

DumBell Chicken Salad

Ingredients:

Two chicken breasts, cooked (I seasoned mine with salt, pepper, and garlic powder and sautéed in a pan sprayed lightly with cooking spray)
1 cup celery
1 green onion, chopped
1/2 yellow bell pepper, diced 
1/2 cup raisins    
1/2 cup nonfat Greek yogurt (more or less depending on how wet you like the salad to be.)
1 tbsp dijon mustard
1/2 lemon, juiced 
dash of salt and pepper

Mix together well. Serve in a lettuce wrap or a whole wheat tortilla. 



DumBell Chicken Salad served two ways! Yum! 





No comments:

Post a Comment