Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Organic Living: Kula Fields

Last week I received my very first produce box from Kula Fields Delivery. Kula Fields offers Oahu and Maui residents front-door delivery of local, fresh produce. Most of the fruits and vegetables are organic, and all produce is straight from Oahu farmers. The fruits and vegetables are picked up from the farmers 24-48 hours before they are delivered to your doorstep. Essentially, it's a farmers' market in a box! You get to eat healthy, sustainable food and also help stimulate the local economy. That sounds like a win-win to me! 


The contents of our first box were: 

  • Rainbow Chard
  • Lettuce 
  • Tomatoes
  • Baby Bok Choy
  • Celery
  • Green Beans 
  • Strawberry Papaya
  • Basil
  • Rambutan
  • Eggs 

Contents of our first Kula Fields produce box. Yum! 


What I really loved about the box is not only that it was delivered right to my door, but also that it allowed my family to explore some new items in a fun way! My daughter absolutely loved the rambutan...after I Googled how to eat them. Ha! 



Rambutan...Trinity approved! 


If you're interested in learning more, visit the Kula Fields site. The good news is that there is no obligation to buy more than one week at a time, so I definitely encourage you to try it out at least once! If you're a small family, you could even split a box with a friend until you decide if it's a good fit for you. 





3 comments:

  1. They don't list my ZIP (96707), so I'll ask for the waiting list...if anyone is in or knows anybody in that ZIP (Kapolei) please pass the info on, this looks great!
    Thanks,
    Margaret Huff

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Margaret,
      We will begin regular delivery service to Kapolei beginning Saturday, May 12th. Yay!
      -Kula Fields

      Delete
  2. All of the produce is from within the state of Hawaii...not necessarily form Oahu alone.
    Thank you for taking the time to blog about what we do! We really appreciate you spreading the "Aloha" and glad you enjoyed your box!
    Mahalo,
    -Kula Fields

    ReplyDelete