Search This Blog

Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Wednesday's Winners: Denise Castellanos


Denise Castellanos, Ford Island T/Th 0830 recruit, is today's wonderful Wednesday's Winner! Congratulations! 

Ford Island recruit Denise Castellanos actually began as a DumBell CORP program participant. "I started CORP on August 15th, and combined with two classes of Boot Camp, I have lost 45 pounds and gone down 6 dress sizes!" 

Denise pre-Boot Camp 
"Prior to CORP," recalls Denise, "I was very much into the latest diet fad. I would try something for a couple of weeks, have a small cheat, and end up blowing my diet and falling back into my unhealthy habits. But, it would be much worse because I would binge. I would tell myself that it was the last time I would eat like that, so I might as well eat as much as I could. When I started CORP I was in a very low place. I was depressed and didn't like to go out much. From the very beginning, I felt Christina's passion for what she does and her vast knowledge on nutrition was so helpful and that lit a fire in me! I have learned for the first time in my life that food is medicine! I was able to learn how vital it is to eat the rainbow of vegetables and fruits of all colors! I watch my calorie consumption everyday and make sure that I eat at least 7 fruits and veggies daily. I eat lean meats and yams or spaghetti squash and a big green salad for dinner. My favorite new breakfast is Fage 0% Greek yogurt, 1 cup of berries and 1 ounce of chopped almonds sprinkled with stevia! I realized how important food was when I noticed my skin getting clear and smooth and I feel great." 

Denise attends Boot Camp twice a week, and then focuses on 60-90 minutes of cardio an additional 2-3 days a week. "I have also become a lot more active, and so much happier than I was 4 months ago!" 

"I can't say enough about Boot Camp," says Denise. "I know it sounds cliche, but it has changed my life. I am so grateful to God for DumBell Fitness and for moving me next door to Christina. Boot Camp challenges my mind and my body like nothing else! I can do 90 minutes in the gym and a Boot Camp workout blows it away. Christina has renewed my strength and given me so much fire and encouragement to keep going. She is always shouting encouraging words but I'll never forget one day she said, 'How about you do awesome all of the time!' And that stuck with me--I even wrote it on my fridge! Thank you to Christina and DumBell Fitness for changing my life!" 

"DumBell Fitness was created for spouses just like Denise--a spouse that has been through several deployments, several PCS moves, and had a few children along the way. She had put the needs of others before herself for way too long. These past couple of months, watching Denise's transformation has been like watching a butterfly come out of its cocoon. I have to admit, her journey and her measurements make me a little teary-eyed every month. I knew the happier Denise was inside there and I feel so privileged to be the person that greets the new her every month. Denise's success is what Boot Camp is all about---military spouses helping other military spouses. She is the epitome of the DumBell FItness program, and we are so proud of her." 

Denise with Christina after losing 12.2 pounds in the Oct-Nov session! Way to go, Denise! 

1 comment: