Search This Blog

Monday, January 7, 2013

Trainer's Grocery Lists: Alicia's List!

The start of 2013 is the start, a renewal, or a continuation of living a healthy lifestyle for many of our recruits. Today's trainer's grocery list will help with any of those resolutions! Hickam trainer Alicia Palmer has shared her typical family grocery items with us today, and we love how well-rounded and tasty her normal haul is! Have any additions or questions? Post it in the comments section! 

This is what I usually have in the house. I don't generally buy cookies or granola bars or anything like that, but I do make them for my kids. I also try to make some sort of muffins or waffles or something like that for breakfast for the week on Sunday. My kids are pretty picky eaters, but I try to make them eat as clean as I can- but they definitely do not eat like I do.

My typical meals:

Breakfast: overnight oatmeal (oats, yogurt, milk, honey, raisins, vanilla, cinnamon) and a banana

Lunch: leftovers, or peanut butter and jelly sandwich and apple

Dinner: about 80% vegetables, then some kind of protein- either meat or beans

I also get a bi-weekly fruit and veggie delivery from Kula fields.


Costco:

Tillamook Cheddar Cheese
Kirkland brand wheat bead (no high fructose corn syrup, and a deal! 2 huge loaves for 4.50)
Craisins
Some sort of trail mix, I like the dried fruit and nuts mix
Organic frozen chicken breast
Panko-coated frozen chicken breasts (the raw ones)
Any fruit/veg that is in season. Berries in the summer, clementines in the winter
Organic apples when they have them in
Kirkland brand organic salsa
Olive oil
Balsamic vinegar
Coffee
Honey
Vanilla

Commissary:

Produce: 

Apples
Bananas
Spinach
Tomatos
Avocados
Zucchini
Beets
Sweet peppers
Strawberries
Squash:  spaghetti, acorn, butternut
Sweet potatoes
Grapes
Pears
Garlic
Ginger

Meat/Poultry:

Flank steak
Pork loin or chops
Italian sausage (either the all chicken, or the chicken pork mix)
Ground beef
Bacon
Lunchmeat (when my hubs is home)

Dairy: 

Milk
Half and half
Eggs
Greek yogurt
Go-Gurt (kids)
String cheese (kids)
Mozzarella cheese
Feta or blue cheese
Parmesan cheese
Cream cheese (kids)
Unsalted butter

Frozen Items: 

Frozen pizza (cheese)
Frozen edamame
Frozen mixed veggies (kids)
Kashi frozen waffles (sometimes)

Snack/Bread/Pasta Items: 

Pretzels
Tortilla chips (occasionally)
Graham crackers
Cheez-its (kids occasionally)
Kashi crackers
Oatmeal (I like Old Wessex 5 grain cereal- but I am having a hard time finding it!)
Raisins 
Bagels (kids, hubs)
Spaghetti (kids)
Quinoa 

Canned/Baking Items: 

Muir Glen spaghetti sauce
Applesauce (mostly used for baking instead of oil)
Canned pumpkin
Chocolate chips
White sugar
Brown sugar
King Arthur white whole wheat flour (usually find this at Target)
Apple cider vinegar
Pam
Chicken stock (if I do not have homemade)
Garbanzo beans, dried or canned
Black beans, dried
Lentils, dried








No comments:

Post a Comment