Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Wednesday's Winners: Lillian Lee

We are excited to feature Ford Island recruit Lillian Lee as today's Wednesday's Winner! Congratulations, Lillian! 


"I began Boot Camp on Monday March 26th, weighing in at 176.4 pounds, " says Lillian. "On June 27, I weighed in at 161.2 pounds. I have a lost a total of 15.2 pounds and 11.75 inches, despite taking a vacation in August!" 
Lillian before joining Boot Camp!
Lillian's workout routine is three "magical" mornings a week at the Ford Island MWF 0830 class, and she is still searching for her favorite cardio workout. "I've done a couple SPIN classes (no ma'am!), a couple Zumba classes, and some other offerings at the base gym. Nowadays, you'll also catch me moving during my children's sports practices (even if it's just walking or stretching) instead of just sitting and waiting." 
 
Lillian is focusing on healthier choices, moderation, and monitoring portion and serving sizes. She also added eating breakfast everyday to her routine. "The 'new me' still enjoys her favorite treat, but much less frequently and in a smaller container!"

Christina has enjoyed watching Lillian's success. "Lillian was one of my many peer pressure enrollments! I would see her walk her little dog around Ford Island while we, the MWF 0830 group, worked out and I would always yell in her direction that she should join our group. (I'm a huge fan of positive peer-pressure!) I could tell that she was just trying to keep up during her first month. However, by the second month she was doing more than keeping up! She was working out harder, lifting more, running faster, and even smiling occasionally during the workout! Her success is proof that sometimes we all need just a little encouragement, a little push to make ourselves better. Lillian is well on her way now, and I love seeing her physical and emotional overhaul."

"I love that every routine has been different the entire duration of my time attending Boot Camp," says Lillian. "My trainer is NOT predictable and she is sincere about empowering individuals. You may hear your name from time to time for the good, the bad, or the ugly. Christina lets you know she is ALWAYS observing, when you least expect it! Everyone has their own story about how she inspired them; she has been able to encourage and improve such a diverse group of spouses. Thank you for letting me share my part of the story."

Christina and Lillian showing off those biceps! 







No comments:

Post a Comment