Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Wednesday's Winners: Amanda Kalski


Please join us in congratulating Ford Island Boot Camper Amanda Kalski, this week's Wednesday's Winner! 

Amanda has been in class for only one session and has already claimed the Biggest Loser title! In her first month, she lost 4.8 pounds, 4 inches, and 2.9% body fat. 

"My routine is Boot Camp on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, and I go to the gym on Tuesday, Thursday, and Sunday," says Amanda. "At the gym I typically just do cardio because I am not very knowledgeable at using the machines. I burn a minimum of 500 calories, and I split my time between the elliptical and either the treadmill or bike. At night my husband and I go on a .75 mile run. I take Saturdays off. During my week off, I went to a Core and Conditioning Class at Hickam fitness center on MWF." 

Amanda tries to eat 3 square meals and 2 snacks per day. "I always eat Oatmeal Squares with skim milk for breakfast, and my morning snack is usually a Fiber One bar. Lunch is usually a turkey sandwich with fruit and chips (but only the serving size!). For dinner we try to eat something with ground turkey or chicken. If I need dessert, I split a Skinny Cow Ice Cream with my husband. Both my birthday and anniversary fell in July, and though I did 'cheat' on those two days, I still made sure to work out on both of those days." 

"I love that Boot Camp pushes me to my limits," says Amanda. "It is definitely a better, harder workout than I would do on my own. Christina is motivating and pushes me to work my hardest during that one hour of Boot Camp!" 

Christina was very proud of Amanda for winning the Biggest Loser title during her first session. "She had a rough first month but I could tell that she was determined to make a change in her life. She literally pushed herself everyday to complete muscle failure. I would see her take an occasional break, then get right back in line with the workout. Amanda's success proves that this program is designed for all levels of fitness. She never completely quit; she always pushed through to a new level of fitness for herself and I admire that so much! I look forward to seeing her continued success at our Ford Island Boot Camp location."


Keep up the hard work, Amanda! Congratulations from everyone at DumBell Fitness! 


No comments:

Post a Comment