Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Wednesday's Winner: Angela Wallis

Congratulations to this week's Wednesday's Winner, Angela Wallis! An inaugural Pearl City recruit, Angela will soon be PCSing to the mainland. We're thrilled to be able to feature her success today!

 

Angela has been in the Pearl City Boot Camp since Thanksgiving of 2011, right when the new location was opening. To date, Angela has lost 40 pounds. Angela says, "I began counting calories and taking control of my eating at the beginning of November, and lost 7 pounds before my initial Boot Camp weigh-in. I was wearing size 13/15 jeans and now a size 6 is getting too big!"

Angela and her son, pre-Boot Camp. 
Angela credits her success to religiously logging everything she eats. "I count calories and weigh my food. If I go out to eat, I usually know what I'm ordering beforehand. I have learned that I won't be a perfect eater when it comes to the types of food I eat, but I have taken control of my portion sizes and I choose healthier options when eating out."

"I was extremely hesitant about joining the class," Angela confesses. "I joined because my friend signed up and I had no reason to not try it, too. I watched the online videos and had a huge sense of fear before the first day. And honestly, my first day did not go very well! The 2-minute warm up was not easy for me. I was at the back of the group and my goal was just to keep going and to not stop or walk. During the class I felt faint and ended up spending some time lying by a tree. But I kept going to class and ended up the Biggest Loser that month!" 



Pearl City trainer Laurie Weber says, "It was clear that Angela would be a Boot Camp success the first time I talked to her about her goals. She had an impending PCS date and was looking forward to being reunited with her husband. She wanted to make some serious changes, and had a steadfast deadline in mind. She knew her life would change if and when she met her goals. Even when things got rough, she never lost sight of where she wanted to go! I could not be more proud of her. She looks amazing! I am continually inspired by the people around me that do exactly what she has done."

Angela says that Boot Camp has been a big motivator in keeping her on track. "I want to do well on the scale and/or with measurements every month for not only myself, but for Laurie," says Angela. "Laurie is extremely motivating and a great trainer. When my family had to go on emergency leave, she was kind enough to send me the workouts so I could continue while on the mainland. She is a great example of what can be achieved with hard work. She always says that she is not trying to show off, but to show what is possible."

"This is currently the last month that we'll be on island, and I'm sad to be leaving the class," says Angela. "I feel like I'm just starting to get to a good point with my health and fitness. Hopefully I can take everything that I've learned with me and continue to do well. And even though this is my last month, I'm hoping to put up good numbers and measurements for my final weigh-in!" 
Looking fantastic, Angela!  Congratulations! 





No comments:

Post a Comment