Search This Blog

Thursday, May 3, 2012

Healthy Habits: 3 Day Fruit Flush


Nowadays it seems that everyone is trying some sort of health cleanse. Many are very harsh and restrictive, and frankly, just plain unhealthy. But, I have to admit, over the years I've tried most of them. I was often lethargic and unable to continue my everyday activities effecitvely--being a good employee, a good mom, and a good wife. One day I ran across this 3 Day Fruit Flush by Jay Robb, and I've been using it monthly ever since. It's a cleanse that focuses on resetting your body rather than just rapidly cleaning out your intestines. I start this program every month on the first day of my cycle. I usually feel bloated after my period and I love the clean feeling I get after the Fruit Flush. I particularly love it because it's not too intense, and allows you enough calories to get through your day. And, since it is only three days, it doesn't seem as daunting as other options. I encourage you to give it a try! 

Here's the details: 


Day 1: Pre-Flush

On the first day of the detox, combine 1 1/4 cup of whey protein powder mixed with 1 quart of water. Drink 6 oz. of the protein mixture every 2 hours between 8 a.m. and 4 p.m. Then drink 8 to 12 oz. of water an hour after consuming the protein mixture. At 6 p.m. eat 3 to 6 oz. of lean meat with 3 to 6 cups of raw vegetable salad and 2 oz. of olive oil, flax seed oil or half of an avocado with lemon juice.


Day 2 & 3: Flushing Day

On the second and third day of the detox, have one serving of fruit every 2 hours beginning at 8 a.m. and ending at 4 p.m. Also drink 8 to 12 oz. of water 1 hour after each serving of fruit. At 6 p.m., combine 5 tbsp. of protein powder with 12 oz. of water, and drink it while eating a raw vegetable salad plus 1 to 2 tbsp. of olive oil or flaxseed oil or half of an avocado plus lemon juice. Drink 8 to 12 oz. of water 1 hour after eating the salad.

Fruit Serving Sizes


On the Fruit Cleanse Diet, the following are one serving of fruit: two medium applies, six apricots, one banana, 1 1/2 cups of berries, 2 cups cantaloupe or other melon, 1 cup grapes, one mango, two oranges, two nectarines, three peaches, one pear, 1 cup pineapple, three plums or four tomatoes.

No comments:

Post a Comment