Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Clean Eating: Laurie's Favorite Recipes!


Today's post features DumBell Trainer Laurie Weber's favorite clean-eating recipes! We can't wait to try them out! 

The first recipe I want to share with you is my Gazpacho recipe. Laurie LOVES Gazpacho! I make it differently every time, but here's my "base" recipe. It makes a HUGE batch! 


Gazpacho: 

4 containers grape tomatoes (I personally find these the most flavorful) 
1 cucumber, peeled and diced 
1/2 of a red pepper, seeded and chopped 
1/2 of a small red onion, peeled and chopped 
1/2 of a zucchini, chopped 
2 large garlic cloves, chopped 
1/4 bunch fresh parsley
1 tablespoon fresh basil 
1/4 cup red wine vinegar 

1/4 cup EVOO
Sea salt and pepper to taste


Combine all ingredients in food processor and blend. Store in airtight container and refrigerate for at least an hour before serving. 

Here's where my husband thinks I get a little crazy with my Gazpacho obsession. I use this wonderful soup for a variety of snacks. Sometimes, I...

--Use it as a snack with pita chips
--Put it in a toasted whole wheat pita with feta or hummus on top
--Serve it over pre-grilled chicken chunks (that I make in advance and keep in the fridge for the week)
--Scoop over quinoa, whole wheat pasta, or brown rice
--Top with black olives and/or Fage Greek yogurt and eat with pita chips
--Take Triscuit and Kashi chips, spread with cream cheese, then dip in Gazpacho for an appetizer! 


Did I mention that Laurie loves Gazpacho? :-) 


Another staple in my house is this Quinoa salad. It's packed with protein and veggies, and has been adapted from a Clean Eating recipe. This recipe is very versatile. Use whatever ingredients you have on hand, or that sound good at the time!



Quinoa Salad

2 cups cooked quinoa (cooked with 50% water and 50% vegetable broth) 
1/2 cup edamame
2 handfuls of halved cherry tomatoes
1/2 cucumber, peeled, seeded, and chopped 
1/4 cup crumbled feta 
2 tablespoons EVOO
Seasoned white rice vinegar (I use the Star brand) 
Squirt of lime juice 
Chopped fresh parsley 




1 comment: