Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Wednesday's Winners: Michele Kuepfer

We are so thrilled to be sharing today's Wednesday's Winner profile with you! Michele Kuepfer is about to begin her 4th month with DumBell Fitness, and is losing staggering amounts of weight. We are so proud of her commitment and love watching her journey each month! Congratulations, Michele! 

Michele just completed her 3rd month of Boot Camp, and already has 2 Biggest Loser titles under her belt. "I started losing weight before joining Boot Camp, and at my heaviest I weighed 317 pounds. In the last three months of Boot Camp, I have lost 42 pounds." 

Michele, after her first month of Boot Camp, on top of Koko Head 

In addition to attending class at Pearl City three times a week, Michele also walks 3-5 miles 5 days a week. "I also hike at least once a week. I try to do at least 1 5K run/walk per month. I am eating clean and have gotten rid of all soda, juice, sweet tea, and fast food. We eat 99% clean now. I also use Advocare supplements." 

"I am so grateful that I found the Pearl City DumBell class. I'm not sure I would have stuck with it if I didn't have these ladies. I have several obstacles including being morbidly obese, a fibroid in the arch of my foot, and lack of confidence. The thing is these ladies don't care about any of that. Instead they push me, they support me, and they make me believe I can do this." 

Trainer Laurie Weber has loved watching Michele's committment in class. "I have had clients with big weight loss goals feel defeated when trying to participate next to more athletic ladies. But not for Michele – she uses the energy around her. She does not stand at the back, she is in the middle of it! This program and the exercises we use are challenging for anyone, and sometimes extra challenging for her. On days where there are exercises that might not be right for her, I chat with her before class and give her the modifications. She does not let anything stop her. Not even a literal mountain on 'off' weeks.  As a group we took on the Koko Head climb. So did she. I checked in on her a few times on the way up, there were some ups and downs emotionally…but what counted is that there were more 'ups!'  She told me, 'I used to be a Marine. I used to look like you. I want this!' When she made it to the top I was looking for the TV cameras. There were so many friends and complete strangers cheering her on and not a single dry eye!  As a trainer I hope that I inspire and encourage all my clients. This time I am lucky to be on the receiving end."

Michele holding the weight she lost after her August Biggest Loser win! 

"Laurie does not accept excuses and that is what I needed," says Michele. "She also lets me know that I am not a failure. I went to Koko Head with several of the ladies on my first off week from the class. At the half way mark I was sure I was done. Laurie came down the mountain to talk to me and to tell me I didn't need to go any further, and that I had already made it farther than most. Because of her and the other ladies I actually made it to the top. I cried several times, but I did it. I still have a long way to go in my journey, but I know with DumBell's help I will get there." 

Michele after her September Biggest Loser win! Way to go, Michele! 

Laurie is Michele's biggest cheerleader! "I have heard that people who make the most progress with weight loss/wellness are not the people with the strongest willpower, but the ones who are ready to change… for good. Not for a few weeks, but for a lifetime! Michele is that person. I want all of my clients to reach their goals, but I really cannot wait to see Michele at the end of her fitness journey!"




3 comments:

  1. That's amazing! Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So amazing!!!! Great job!!! And YAY for conquering Koko Head!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Way to go!! You can do it. How inspiring and what a GREAT attitude!

    ReplyDelete