Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Wednesday's Winners: Lindsay Livingston

This week's featured Biggest Loser is McGrew Boot Camp, Lindsay Livingston! Congratulations, Lindsay! 

Lindsay has been in Boot Camp at McGrew Point for two months and has lost 5.8 pounds, 2 inches, and 4.3% of her body weight. Her workout routine involves class 3 times per week and she runs 2-3 times per week. "I've been able to participate in several races on the island. Running in races really helps me to set goals and feel like I've accomplished them! In all of the races I have pushed my 16-month-old son in the stroller. I like that he can participate and see his Mom living a healthy, active lifestyle! When I'm not at Boot Camp or running, I'm chasing after my son which is a workout in itself. On the weekends my family likes to get out and explore the island. We even did Koko Head with my son in the hiking backpack!" 

"I like to think of eating healthy instead of being on a diet," explains Lindsay. "It's a whole lifestyle change. I try to eat more whole fresh foods rather then processed things. Also I drink LOTS of water! I've started prepping my fruits and vegetables for the week, which helps when I need a healthy snack on the go! I also love trying new recipes which helps things from getting boring!"

Trainer Cheri Kendall says "I love having Lindsay in the McGrew Crew! She is such a hard worker and has a great attitude. Always willing to go another round and pushing herself to the front of the group. I am so proud of her change to a healthier lifestyle. It's harder to make that commitment to cleaner/smarter eating habits when weight loss is not your primary goal. She's a great example to her family and to all of us in the crew."

Lindsay looks forward to every McGrew class. "I love the high intensity workouts and childcare on site is a major plus! Cheri is always pushing me beyond what I think I can do. She motivates me to give it my all every single set, especially when it's Week 4 and the count goes up to 16! I might be sore the next day but I know it's helping to make me stronger. I am so thankful for Dumbell Fitness and Cheri!" 


Cheri and Lindsay flexing their guns! 

No comments:

Post a Comment