Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Wednesday's Winners: Amber Mears

Today's post features the August Biggest Loser for our Halsey Terrace AM Boot Camp, Amber Mears! 

Amber first learned about DumBell Fitness through another spouse who bragged about how great the program is. "I knew I needed to start this journey after seeing a picture of myself from my daughter's baptism, which was taken 1 month before I started class. I was actually embarrassed when I saw it. My daughter was 6 months old and I was still carrying the majority of my baby weight and I needed someone to push me more than I could myself! DumBell Fitness was exactly what I was looking for!" The hard work has paid off--Amber is in her fifth month of Boot Camp and has lost a total of 22.4 pounds! 
Amber one month before joining Boot Camp 

Outside of Boot Camp, Amber is a regular at the new Pearl Harbor Base gym. "On those days, I concentrate on cardio and toning exercises. I love to warm up on the elliptical and then move on to an intense toning routine with free weights and abs." Like so many of our Boot Campers, Amber's diet is her biggest challenge. "I try to keep it to lean chicken and pork with vegetables and not fall into the quick, easy junk for dinner, even when life as a wife/mother gets busy." 

Simply put, Amber loves Boot Camp! "Alison is positively motivating and knows how to push me beyond what I think is possible and always keeps me wanting more. The Halsey Crew also makes Boot Camp such a positive experience. We all cheer, support, and lift each other up. Together, we push through the hard work outs! I am still 27 pounds from my goal, but I have no doubt that Alison will help guide me to where I want to be." 

Trainer Alison Fournier says, "Amber is an inspiration to so many! She keeps pushing through month after month and doesn't let anything get in her way.  Amber's determination shows and her results are amazing....I'm so proud of her!" 


Amber with her husband at the Khaki Ball last month! Looking fantastic! 








1 comment:

  1. Beautiful and fit! Although I don't see how she has 27 pounds still to lose! I love these posts, Christina!!

    ReplyDelete