Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Wednesday's Winners: Pam Chatham

Congratulations to today's Wednesday's Winner, Pam Chatham! 

Pam started at the Hickam Boot Camp at the end of April and is in her fifth session of class. She has lost 18 pounds total! "Being a stay-at-home-mom, it's hard to put yourself first. I knew this was something I needed to do for my health and to teach my daughters how important it is to take care of yourself. I want them to think of me as strong, inside and out. It started out as trying to lose the baby weight, but now it's about so much more. I've shed the baby weight from both my first and second babies, and now I'm on to my ultimate goal of reaching my honeymoon weight!" 


Pam shortly after having her second child
In addition to Boot Camp on Tuesdays and Thursdays, Pam runs on the treadmill in her garage on Monday and Friday while her oldest is in school and her youngest naps. "My diet has been a challenge, and the DumBell CORP class helped me a lot. I am nursing, so understanding how my body needs the extra, healthy calories has been an eye opener. Instead of undercutting my calories, I've learned to meet my calorie needs and use working out to create that deficit for weight loss. I don't want to lose muscle, just fat!" 

Pam is always inspired by the Hickam ladies! "I love watching them getting stronger and smaller every month. And I love seeing how much stronger I get each month as well! Alicia is an excellent trainer. She is such a role model for all of us--she has two small children, a husband that is also deployed, but finds time to stay in supreme shape! If she can find time to workout, so can I!" 

A few of Pam's favorite Alicia-isms: 

"Squeeze your butt today so someone else will tomorrow!" 
"I don't take vitamins. I buy vegetables and I EAT THEM!" 
"This is cardio, if you aren't out of breath, you aren't doing it right." 

Alicia loves Pam's attitude in class. "Pam always has a smile on her face, even when she is obviously working her tail off in class.  She has made consistent, steady progress toward her goal every month and I am so proud of everything she has accomplished!"


Pam with trainer Alicia Palmer after her Biggest Loser win! 





 

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations Pam we never get to talk much during boot camp because Alicia keeps us out of breathe but it is so inspiring seeing your progress and watching you get stronger!!! Great Job

    ReplyDelete