Search This Blog

Monday, September 17, 2012

Trainer's Playlist: Cheri's Running List (List 7)

Check out today's running playlist by McGrew Trainer Cheri Kendall

I often get asked how I can run for hours at a time, and my answer is usually something about the head-clearing qualities of time on the road and the power of great music. I thought I'd share my current running playlist for folks that may be spending some quality time on the road leading up to Maui races, Honolulu Marathon, and/or GAR. The list is about 2.5 hours of music and will get longer as my mileage gets higher.

Last weekend's 10 miler was a great example of the power of music. I had just over a mile to go and was feeling pretty sluggish headed uphill on Kam Highway between Arizona Memorial and Ford Island when the song "Titanium" came on my ipod. It felt like a double shot of expresso had just hit my veins and my feet grew wings. The rest of the run was a thing of beauty and I can't wait for my next appointment with the road.



Title Artist
Blackout Breathe Carolina
BURN IT DOWN Linkin Park
Dirty Deeds Thunderstruck
Einstein Kelly Clarkson
Fight to Win (feat. Cee Lo Green) Goodie Mob
Fly Nicki Minaj
The Future Is Now The Offspring
Good Feeling Flo Rida
Good Girl (Workout Mix 129 BPM) Fringe
Hangover (feat. Flo Rida) Taio Cruz
I Want It All / We Will Rock You Mash-Up  Queen
I Won't Give Up Power Music
Key West Intermezzo (I Saw You First) John Mellencamp
Kiss With a Fist Florence + the Machine
No Apologies Bon Jovi
Not Afraid Eminem
One More Night Maroon 5
Ready to Go Republica
Rope Foo Fighters
Rumour Has It Power Music
Runaway Baby Bruno Mars
Scream Usher
Shake It Out Florence + the Machine
Some Nights Fun.
Start Over The Afters
Stop! Against Me!
Stronger (What Doesn't Kill You) Kelly Clarkson
This Is Gonna Hurt Sixx:A.M.
Thrash Unreal Against Me!
Tickets Maroon 5
Tightrope Janelle Monáe
Titanium (feat. Sia) David Guetta & Sia
Too Close Alex Clare
Urgent Foreigner
A Warrior's Call Volbeat
Where Have You Been Rihanna
Without You (feat. Usher) David Guetta & Usher
Good Time Owl City & Carly Rae Jepsen

No comments:

Post a Comment