Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Wednesday's Winners: Justine Heinz


A big congrats to this week's Wednesday's Winner, Justine Heinz! 

Justine hit the ground running her first month at the Ford Island 0715 Boot Camp and nabbed the Biggest Loser title! She lost 4.2 pounds, totaling 3.6% of her total body weight. "I was so happy!" says Justine. "I know it doesn't sound like much, but I'm petite, so 4 pounds feels like so much more!"
 
For exercise outside of Boot Camp, Justine also does additional weight training, running, and hot yoga. "I love exercising; the hardest part for me is diet. I try to stick to a diet of mainly fruits, vegetables, and lean meats, but sometimes I stray. I love to bake, so recently I've been trying to come up with healthier versions of my favorites."
 
Justine is an avid runner, and is using Boot Camp to become a better competitor. "This year I participated in my first half marathon, the Wahine half, and my only goal was to finish without dying or running out of time! Currently, I'm training for the TinkerBell half marathon (at Disneyland!) and I want to improve my time. I was looking for an extra push when my friend Ali invited me to the DumBell Fitness Zoo fundraiser. I loved the workout and signed up the following week. Christina is great! She's motivating and funny and pushes me much farther than I'd ever push myself. I've noticed since joining bootcamp a drastic improvement in my training runs--I've increased my endurance and my speed! I'm confident that, with the help of Christina, I'll be able to beat my half marathon PR in January!"

Christina loves having Justine in class. "She gives 100% in every exercise. Losing 4 pounds is a huge accomplishment for someone as tiny as Justine! I couldn't be happier or more proud of her. I know her continued dedication to strength will make her runs even faster as she continues to train for the TinkerBell race. When I asked Justine if it was just the class that helped her lose the weight, she said no--she also ate right with a clean diet. It's always a dual commitment in weight loss: clean eating and exercise. Justine is proof that we all could benefit from cleaning up our diets just a bit more."  


Way to go, Justine! 



No comments:

Post a Comment