Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Wednesday's Winners: Kelly Fletter

Today's Wednesday's Winner is long-time recruit, Kelly Fletter! Congratulations, Kelly! 


Kelly first began taking Boot Camp in November 2011 at Halsey Terrace. She switched over to the Hickam AFB course when it opened in January 2012, and has been a member of the class ever since! She was also in the inaugural class of CORP, the DumBell supplementary nutritional course. "I have lost 38 pounds since joining Boot Camp. Thirty of those pounds were lost since I started DumBell CORP in April." 

Kelly with her family prior to joining Boot Camp 

Kelly's workout routine is Boot Camp twice a week, and running three times a week for at least an hour. "On top of that," says Kelly, "I have an elliptical, SPIN bike, free weights, medicine balls and bands at home. I aim to do at least 60 minutes of home workouts each day. I put an extra large comfy seat on my SPIN bike and put it in my living room so when I'm watching my shows at night I have no excuses to not be on it. When I use the elliptical I am on the highest level I can be and I push myself to feel the burn." 

Working exercise into her family's quality time is also important to Kelly. "We will go on bike rides and hikes as a family outing and I have gotten my kids into running. So far, they have completed two 10K's and numerous 5K's! Sometimes they don't feel like running when I need to, so they will ride their bikes along side me as I run. I'm trying to instill in them the importance of being healthy and active!" 

"My main struggle in life has always been my diet," says Kelly. "I started eating cleaner in August 2011 and noticed a difference right away in just how I felt.  Since I started DumBell CORP in April I have learned so much! Eating clean and and managing portion control is no longer a struggle for me. I learned so much taking that class with Christina and learned that I was not eating the best I could. I thought I was eating well, but learned that just because the label/box says it's healthy and good for me doesn't mean that's always true. If anyone is struggling, or even if you are not, I highly recommend that class. Knowledge is power and in the war of weight loss/getting healthy/staying healthy, the more power you have, the better."

"All the trainers are wonderful and I can't say enough good things about them," says Kelly. " I currently train with Alicia Palmer at the Hickam Boot Camp and she is awesome! She is always encouraging me and letting me know that I can do it.  She brings a lot of energy to class and we love it. When I first started Boot Camp, Alison Fournier was my instructor and I loved her, too! Alison always encouraged me as well by telling me how far I'd come since I first started class. Christina Landry has also been a big inspiration. CORP was my first real interaction with her, but every week when I weighed in she would tell me that she was proud of me and to keep up the good work. Even when there was a week when I did not lose weight, she told me to not let it get me down, and that she'd see me next week. These trainers and Boot Camp gave me the confidence and encouragement I need!" 

Alicia and Kelly showing off those biceps! 


Kelly's trainer, Alicia, returns the compliment. "Kelly is such a superstar! She is ALWAYS the first one to class, and always has such a great attitude. She is definitely an inspiration to all the other recruits!" 





3 comments:

  1. WTG Kelly! You are awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm soooooo proud of you! You look amazing! Great work! You are an inspiration to us all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohmygoodness Kelly! That person in the first picture doesn't even look like you! I think the best part is that you've brought the kids on this journey with you. Their entire lives will be different because of what you are doing right now.

    ReplyDelete