Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Wednesday's Winners: Christina Kotouc


Please join us in congratulating this week's Wednesday's Winner, Ford Island recruit Christina Kotouc! 


Christina began taking the Ford Island 0715 course in April. Prior to beginning, she had lost 30 pounds on her own. Since joining, she has lost an additional 20 pounds! 


Christina in August 2011

Her workout routine is Boot Camp 3 times a week, and some form of cardio 6 days a week. Her diet also includes lots of fresh fruits and veggies. "I am a Farmers' Market lover and get my fresh veggies and local tropical fruit every Saturday morning from my favorite vendors", says Christina. "I also make sure to measure out all of my portions, and I keep a food journal for accountability."

Her favorite thing about Boot Camp? "I love how positive and supportive everyone is. My first session, everyone kept encouraging me to come back and keep at it. Christina is also very encouraging. If I'm struggling with an exercise or with my form, she comes out and works out by me until I get it. She helps me push myself harder than I would on my own."

Trainer Christina Landry remembers when Christina first started the course. "On the very first day of Boot Camp I walked over to her at the end of the session. I looked her in the eyes and told her not to quit. She looked right at me and said, 'I'm not. I want this.' Ever since then she has consistently given her best during class. Sometimes she gets a little dizzy or sick. She takes a break for a few seconds then gets right back to it. Her running has improved, and she keeps buying stronger resistance bands. I love her enthusiasm! She sent me a photo recently of her pants from 50 pounds ago. It was amazing to see her progress. She is on a mission to get healthy and I love it!" 
The two Christinas! Love the matching shoes! 

Congratulations, Christina! We're proud of your success! 




2 comments:

  1. Awesome Job Christina!!! Its a pleasure to workout next to you!!! :) I love watching how hard you push yourself!!! Keep it up and you will reach all your goals in no time!

    ReplyDelete